My research focuses on metamorphic rocks, mainly on high-pressure to ultrahigh-pressure rocks occurring along orogenic zones. These rocks were buried to or exhumed from extreme depths and during their way back to different crustal levels they underwent reequilibration at low-pressure conditions. It is aimed to find evidences for their earlier history and to reconstruct subudction/exhumation rate, heating/cooling and formation/breakdown of minerals and their inclusions. The areas of our investigation include the European Variscides, mainly the Bohemian Massif, Alpine-Carpathian belt, Iranian and Hindukosh segemts of the Alpine system.
Research projects since 2002
- Pre- to syncollisional history of metamorphic rocks in orogenic zone recorded by chemical zoning in garnet; with application to the Bohemian Massif Financed by Czech Science Foundation, 2018-2020.
- Mineral and textural signatures recording pre-exhumation and pre-collision history of high- to ultrahigh-pressure metamorphic rocks in orogenic zone. Financed by Czech Science Foundation, 2013-2016.
- Material flow mechanism in the upper spheres of the Earth. Financed by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (Czech Republic) 2007-2013
- Early convergence and exhumation history of ultrahigh-pressure lithologies in the Variscan orogen. Financed by Czech Science Foundation, 2010-2012.
- Inovation of electron microscope laboratory. Financed by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (Czech Republic) 2010.
- Thermal history and petrological model(s) for formation and exhumation of high-/ultra high-pressure rocks during Variscan orogeny in the Bohemian Massif. Financed by Czech Science Foundation, 2006-2008
- Petrological features and structural evidences of exhumation of high-pressure rocks from the Meliata Unit (West Carpathians). Financed by Charles University Prague (Czech Republic), 2004-2006.
- Development Assistance for Afghanistan in the Revival of Geological Institutions Activities Focused on Raw Materials Utilization, Financed by Ministry of Enviroment (Czech Republic), 2005-2007.
- Cooling and exhumation rates of high-pressure amphibolite/ granulite facies crustal rocks; a mineral chemical approach, Financed by AKTION (Austria-Czech Republic), 2004-2005
- Jan Kulhánek: Látková bilance a zonální stavba hlavních a stopových prvků v atolovém granátu z metabazitu eklogitové facie.
- Hezbullah Moiny: Implication of reaction textures and major and trace element distributions in garnet from the Kabul Block
- Šarka Kubinová: Minerální a chemické změny během krystalizace magmatu a tvorby pozdně variských intruzí a žil v moldanubické zóně Českého masívu, Defense 2019
- Radim Jedlička: Záznam před-exhumačního vývoje silně re-ekvilibrovaných vysoko- až ultra-vysokotlakých hornin v kolizním orogénu, Defense 2016.
- Stephen Collette: Metamorphism and geodynamics of the Proterozoic Kabul Block: preservation and modification of crustal fragments within an orogenic zone, Defense 2015.
- Radmila Nahodilová: High-pressure melting and its relation to granulite facies metamorphism: Example from felsic granulites in the Bohemian Massif, Defense 2011
- Mahmoud Rahmati Ilkhchi: Tectonics and metamorphism of the Shotur Koh complex (Central Iran), Defense 2010
- Petr Jeřábek: Tectonics and metamorphism of the Veporic unit (Western Carpathians), Defense 2008
Current MS and BC students
- Radek Kučera: Reakční textury a kompoziční vztahy v granátech z eklogitu Mariánskolázeňského komplexu