The Erasmus Faculty Office is temporarily closed due to the current situation regarding the spread of COVID-19. Please, use the email or phone contact below for communication. Thank you for your understanding.
- The University´s Past and Present
- Academic Calendar (at university page )
- Departmental Erasmus-Coordinators
- Credit Mobility
- End of Your Stay
- City plan – How to find us
- Erasmus in Media
- Erasmus Club
- Emergency Assistance at the Faculty of Science, (at University)
- Health Care for Foreign Students in Prague (external link )
- Advisory & Counseling Centre of Charles University (external link )
Faculty of Science
- Official Name: Faculty of Science
- Erasmus code: CZ PRAHA07
- Address: Albertov 6, 128 43, Praha 2
- Country: Czech Republic (Česká republika)
- Dean: Prof. Jiří Zima
- ERASMUS Faculty Coordinator: RNDr. Dagmar Chalupová, Ph.D.
- Erasmus Office: Na Slupi 16, 2nd floor, phone/fax: +420 221 951 165, phone: +420 221 951 166
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Homepage: https://www.natur.cuni.cz/faculty-en/study/incoming-students/erasmus/
- Full legal name of the institution: Univerzita Karlova v Praze
- Erasmus code: CZ PRAHA07
- Address: Ovocný trh 3, 116 36, Praha 1
- Country: Czech Republic
- Web address: https://www.cuni.cz/UKENG-1.html
- Head of the institution – Rector: Prof. MUDr. Tomáš Zima, DrSc., MBA,
phone/fax: +420 224 491 312 – 4, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of the International Relations Office:
PhDr. Lenka Škrábalová,
phone +420 224 491 301, fax: +420 224 229 487, e-mail: email@example.com
- Institutional Erasmus coordinator: Mgr. Ivana Herglová, Ph.D.,
phone: +420 224 491 710, fax: +420 224 229 487, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erasmus web address (University): https://www.cuni.cz/UK-928.html
Charles University , the oldest in Central Europe, was founded in 1348 by Holy Roman Emperor and Czech King Charles IV, in what is now the Old Town, the city centre and the oldest part of Prague. The only remaining original gothic building – the Karolinum – contains the University´s administration and Aula Magna. The rest of the university occupies historical buildings in the centre or is scattered in various Prague districts. There is no overall University library – each Faculty and Department have their own local library. Students also use the National Library in the Klementinum nearby Charles´ Bridge.
The original four Faculties (Theology, Law, Medicine and Arts) have multiplied into sixteen, with 34,000 students and 3,400 teaching and research staff. After the dramatic and repressive periods of German occupation (1939–1945) and communist regime (1948–1989), Charles University has become an autonomous institution of higher learning, observing principles of academic freedoms as declared in the Magna Carta of European Universities, maintaining and developing links of academic co-operation with 125 universities throughout the world. Since 1990, the University has been actively involved in various EU educational and research programmes, but 1998 marked both the University´s 650th anniversary and its inclusion into SOCRATES, with steadily growing numbers of student and teacher exchanges.
For more information about Charles University see: https://www.cuni.cz/UKENG-1.html, or the "Charles University" brochure obtainable at the Karolinum Publishers Bookshop, Celetná Street 16, CZ-110 00 Praha 1.
The academic year is divided into two semesters. The winter semester starts on September 1 and ends in mid February. The spring semester starts in the last week of February and finishes on June 30.
- Examination Session I: beginning of September – end of September
- Winter Semester / classes: 1st week of October – 2nd week of January
- Examination Session II: mid January – mid February
- Spring Semester / classes: 3rd week of February – 3rd week of May
- Examination Session III: late May – end of June