Student Affairs Division
Univerzita Karlova, Prirodovedecka Fakulta
128 00 Praha
How to find us
With the exception of the Futher Education Centre, all offices of the division are at the Botanical Garden of the Faculty of Sciences in the street Na Slupi, building no. 433/16, 2nd and 3rd floor. See the map.
The office of Futher Education Centre (life-long education) is in street Viničná, building no. 1594/7, 4th floor, room no. 314. See the map.
The regular office hours for students and applicants:
Monday: 1 – 3 p.m.
Wednedsday: 10 – 12 a.m.
In urgent cases, please contact your study officer to make an individual appointment.
Mgr. Valerie Havrdová
(+420) 221 951 154 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mgr. Martina Linhartová
(+420) 221 951 046 email@example.com
Mgr. Klára Kolínová
(+420) 221 951 157 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bc. Gabriela Lojková
(+420) 221 951 067 email@example.com
Contact information for incoming Erasmus students are on the Erasmus office webpage.
doc. RNDr. Milada Teplá, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for concept of study
doc. RNDr. Pavel Chromý, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for study affairs
Ing. Ivana Fraňková
Head of the division
Description of Doctoral Study Department's agenda
The deivision provides administrative support for study programmes in biology, chemistry, ecology, environmental study, geography and geology study programs.
- Administration of the admissions to doctoral study
- gives public notice of and administers admissions
- provides information services to prospective students, heads of departments and the research institutes of ASCR (AVČR)
- keeps a record of applications; processes and submits applications
- writes letters of appointment for members of examining boards
- distributes invitation letter to applicants
- publishes admission examination results; administers and deals with appeals
- administers enrolment of applicants
- cooperates with heads of academic boards and assists if necessary with solving various situations that may arise during studies
- the department keeps a record of and updates data in the registry of students and tutors
- prepares documents required for releasing payments of scholarships and grants (from the University budget, grants or external funding), controls and checks the budget for scholarships
- provides full administrative support of thesis defence (viva voce examinations) and final examinations
- provides services for graduation ceremonies of postgraduate students
- provides analyses and reports for the Vice-Chancellor's Office, Ministry of Education and Sports and other institutions
Information on the Student Affairs Division's agenda.