The aim of the doctoral studies is to lead students to independent research and to provide them the appropriate qualifications.
Doctoral study programmes are open in Czech and in English language too. The specific study programme is organized in a full-time (internal) or a part-time (external) mode of study. Standard length of a full-time study course is four years. The maximum period of a part-time study course is eight years. Graduates are awarded a Ph.D. title (a Doctorate, „doktor“ in Czech).
List of study programmes
Program for supporting talented PhD research students (STARS)
The aim of this program is to provide excellent education and an adequate income to PhD students of the faculty. The program wants to attract the best students from the Czech Republic as well as from abroad. See more information at the external website.
Schedule of the admission procedure
There are usually two schedules of admission procedure.
DSP (all study programmes are open)
- the admission requirements published: December / January
- the submission of applications for study from: January, 15
- the deadline for application for study: April, 30
- the start of study: October, 1
DSP II (only some programmes are open)
- the admission requirements published: August / September
- the submission of applications for study from: September / October
- the deadline for application for study: December, 15
- the start of study: March, 1
Information about applying
Admission requirements (DSP)
(start of study on October 1, 2023)
Admission requirements (DSP II)
(start of study on March 1, 2023)
Apply to study (online application)
Education obtained abroad (nostrification)
Useful information for international students (visa, dormitories, refectories, student cards…)
Code of Admissions Procedure of CU
Possibility of the admission interview performed without the applicant’s attendance at faculty
Information about the entrance exam
Rules for viewing applicants' files during the admission procedure