At the present time, the collection contains more than 22,000 items. It is located in two rooms on the first floor of the building at Albertov 6, denoted as the Mineral Museum. More than 2000 specimens are exhibited in the display cases and, except for minor modifications, the exhibition is maintained in the original, aesthetically extremely successful arrangement. More information with examples of some exhibits can be found at the older web site Mineral Museum of FS CU.
In addition to scientific workers and students of the geological sciences, the museum is a favourite place for visits by the pupils and students of elementary and secondary schools, whose teachers value especially the clarity and appropriate number of exhibits. The Museum is open to the public and excursions on the basis of a prior agreement.
The Mineral Museum of the Faculty of Science of Charles University is open not only to students of fields of geology of the Faculty, but also to the other professionals and the general public. It is necessary to make an appointment in advance, because we are not able to maintain permanent visiting times.
Write, telephone or send and e-mail.
Phone: 22195 1491