Services, loans and excursions
1) 100 dpi JPEG maps without watermark can be downloaded here
2) 100 dpi JPEG2000 with watermark here
3) for high quality 400 dpi TIFF without watermark, you need to coclude a contract, see below
- Tuesday and Thursday (for researches): 10-12 and 13-16
- Wednesday (excursion, school): 10-17 - announce in advance
- Besides: holidays (1st July - 31st August), end of the year (15th - 31th December), all national days
Below are rules and guidelines which must be followed by users if they want to study maps at The Map Collection:
Documents which users need for registration:
- students of Charles University - valid ISIC
- staff of Charles University - valid ISIC or staff card
- other users: http://www.cuni.cz/UK-2480.html
- card Service Centres: http://www.cuni.cz/UKEN-135.html
In case of loss of the card, it is possible to block it in the WhoIs system. Instructions are attached here: https://cuni.cz/UK-5361.html.
In addition to lending services, we also provide scanning either the flatbed scanner to A3 size or on the drawing to the width of B0 size. Price list can be found Here.
Data protection declaration (only for FS CU students)
Dear researchers, due to the limited capacity of places in Map Collection, we recommended you to write us when you want to come and what document (signature) you want to borrow. We will prepare the documents and reserve you study place. If the places will be occupied, we will offer you another term. This is especially useful for researchers outside Prague.
List of links to portals and standards dealing with the issue of citation is available from the Geographical Library of FS CU.
Ing. Markéta Hyndráková
Albertov 6, 128 43 Prague 2
phone: (+420) 221 951 590