Excursions in the Map Collection
The Kuchař Gallery of Cartography presents key works from the collection and also introduces the main European schools of cartography. Visitors will see the oldest maps of the Czech lands, globes from the workshop of Jan Felkl, Hollar’s vistas, maps by S. Münster, J. A. Komenský, P. J. Šafařík, J. B. Homann, H. Hondius, A. Ortelius, G. M. Seutter, P. Mortier, G. Delisle, and G. of Tilbury. Digital presentations offer a cross-section of Map Collection treasures, looks at the oldest digitized globes and a video about the contest for georeferencing old maps.
Information for visitors
Kuchař's Gallery of Cartography is open every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00, besides: holidays (1st July - 31st August), the end of the year (18th December 2020 - 3rd January 2021) and all national days (Easter 10th - 13th April 2020; 1st and 8th May 2020; 6th July 2020; 28th September 2020; 28th October 2020; 17th November 2020).
Last visitors will be admitted at 16:30.
- admission for adults is 2,50 EUR (70 CZK)
- for children (6-15 years), students and retired people is 1,50 EUR (40 CZK)
- for children under 5 years and holders of ZTP cards FREE (wheelchair access from the side of the building - Votočkova Street)
- for students and staff of Faculty of Science FREE
Excursion is without guide. Groups of more than 5 persons must be pre-ordered by phone 221 951 590 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Texts about history of the Map Collection and the Kuchař's Gallery of Cartography are available for visitors.
Groups with guide commentary
- especially for pre-booked school groups and the general public, at least 10 people
- price of the excursion is 2 EUR (50 CZK) per person (payable always in cash before the excursion of Map Collection)
- one group can include up to 15 students / visitors (the higher number of candidates have to be split to 2 groups)
- duration of the excursion is 45-60 minutes (after agreement can be shortened or extended)
- interpretation of the guide is adapted to the needs and age of the students
- please call to order by phone 221 951 590 or e-mail email@example.com
No photos allowed
Taking photos during excursions is not allowed.
Albertov 6, 128 43 Praha 2
te: (+420) 221 951 590