The scientific council of the geographical institute
The competencies of the institute’s scientific council are set forth in the Statutes of the Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague
- An institute’s scientific council shall act as a continuous advisory body for the scientific council of the faculty and for the institute’s vice-dean.
- Department heads from within the institute are members of the institute’s scientific council. Additional members of the scientific council are appointed by the institute’s vice-dean for approval by the scientific council of the faculty.
- The term of office of the institute’s scientific council is four years and its number of members is ultimately determined by the dean, on the basis of a proposal from the scientific council of the faculty and a statement from the senate.
- The vice-dean convenes meetings of the institute’s scientific council.
- The vice-dean directs meetings of the scientific council. In the vice-dean’s absence, a substitute, named by the vice-dean, shall direct the meeting.
- The scientific council makes decisions in the form of decrees.
- The scientific council is competent to make a decree if more than a simple majority of its members are present. Honorary members are not included in any numbering of members.
- A decree is adopted if a simple majority of members present vote in its favour. Decrees concerning the fundamental conception of the institute’s scientific and teaching activities, as well as specific cases set forth in Section 30, Paragraph 1 (a) or 1 (b) of the Higher Education Act, shall require the agreement of at least two-thirds of present members of the scientific council which must, however, be at least half of the entire number of members.
The composition of the Scientific Council of the geographic section
- doc. RNDr. Ivan Bičík, CSc.
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Blažek, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Čermák, CSc.
- prof. RNDr. Dušan Drbohlav, CSc.
- prof. RNDr. Dagmar Dzúrová, CSc.
- doc. RNDr. Ludmila Fialová, CSc.
- Mgr. et Mgr. Lukáš Frantál
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Chromý, Ph.D.
- prof. RNDr. Bohumír Janský, CSc.
- prof. RNDr. Jan Kalvoda, DrSc.
- doc. RNDr. Jiřina Kocourková, Ph.D.
- RNDr. Lucie Kupková, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Jakub Langhammer, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Martin Ouředníček, Ph.D.
- RNDr. Přemysl Štych, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Vít Vilímek, CSc.