Univerzita Karlova, Prirodovedecka Fakulta
128 43 Praha
The office is at the Botanical Garden of the Faculty of Sciences in the street Na Slupi, building no. 433/16, 2nd floor. See the map.
It is easiest to reach us by the metro. Take line B to the Karlovo Náměstí (Charles Square in English) station. Take tram no. 6, 18 or 24 from there to Botanická Zahrada (Botanical Garden in English). It is the first stop.
You can also walk from the I.P. Pavlova metro station on line C. It is about 15 minutes of walk.
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday to Sunday|
|12am to 3pm||10am to 12am||10am to 12am||12am to 3am||closed|
phone: +420 221 951 165 email: email@example.com
Contact person for incomming Erasmus students
Mgr. Valerie Havrdová
phone: +420 221 951 163 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person for applicants to Ph.D study and students of Ph.D. study (both only for Czech and Slovakia nationality): study programs Biology
phone: +420 221 951 162 email: email@example.com
Contact person for Czech and Slovak applicants to Ph.D study and students of Ph.D. study (both only for Czech and Slovakia nationality): study programs Chemistry, Enviromental Study, Geography and Geology
|Ing. Ivana Fraňková
phone: +420 221 951 159 mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the office
doc. RNDr. Markéta Martínková, Ph.D.
doc. RNDr. Pavel Chromý, Ph.D.
The office provides administrative support for study programmes in biology, chemistry, ecology, environmental study, geography and geology study programs.
- The Graduate Office administers the admissions to postgraduate courses
- gives public notice of and administers doctoral admissions
- provides information services to prospective students, heads of departments and the research institutes of ASCR (AVČR)
- keeps a record of applications; processes and submits applications for admission data into "Uchazeč", a University database
- writes letters of appointment for members of examining boards
- distributes invitation letter to applicants
- publishes admission examination results; administers and deals with appeals
- administers enrolment of applicants
- cooperates with heads of academic boards and assists if necessary with solving various situations that may arise during studies
- the Office keeps a record of and updates data in the registry of students and tutors
- prepares documents required for releasing payments of scholarships and grants (from the University budget, grants or external funding), controls and checks the budget for scholarships
- provides full administrative support of thesis defence (viva voce examinations) and doctoral examinations
- provides services for graduation ceremonies of postgraduate students
- provides analyses and reports for the Vice-Chancellor's Office, Ministry of Education and Sports and other institutions