Department of Student Affairs
Univerzita Karlova, Prirodovedecka Fakulta
128 00 Praha
How to find us?
The office is at the Botanical Garden of the Faculty of Sciences in the street Na Slupi, building no. 433/16, 2nd floor. See the map.
It is easiest to reach us by the metro. Take line B to the Karlovo Náměstí (Charles Square in English) station. Take tram no. 14, 18 or 24 from there to Botanická Zahrada (Botanical Garden in English). It is the first stop.
You can also walk from the I.P. Pavlova metro station on line C. It is about 15 minutes of walk.
The Department of Student Affairs is currently open on Mondays from 10 to 11 a.m. and on Wednesdays from 10 to 11 a.m.
Normal office hours
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday to Sunday|
Contact information for incoming Erasmus students are on the Erasmus office webpage.
|Mgr. Valerie Havrdová
phone: +420 221 951 154 email: email@example.com
Contact person for Ph.D. study and nostrification
|Ing. Ivana Fraňková
phone: +420 221 951 159 mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the office
|doc. RNDr. Markéta Martínková, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for concept of study
|doc. RNDr. Pavel Chromý, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for study affairs
Description of department's agenda
The department provides administrative support for study programmes in biology, chemistry, ecology, environmental study, geography and geology study programs.
- Administration of the admissions to Ph.D. study
- gives public notice of and administers admissions
- provides information services to prospective students, heads of departments and the research institutes of ASCR (AVČR)
- keeps a record of applications; processes and submits applications
- writes letters of appointment for members of examining boards
- distributes invitation letter to applicants
- publishes admission examination results; administers and deals with appeals
- administers enrolment of applicants
- cooperates with heads of academic boards and assists if necessary with solving various situations that may arise during studies
- the department keeps a record of and updates data in the registry of students and tutors
- prepares documents required for releasing payments of scholarships and grants (from the University budget, grants or external funding), controls and checks the budget for scholarships
- provides full administrative support of thesis defence (viva voce examinations) and doctoral examinations
- provides services for graduation ceremonies of postgraduate students
- provides analyses and reports for the Vice-Chancellor's Office, Ministry of Education and Sports and other institutions