Laboratory Services & Methods
LGI provide laboratory services in the research and development of chemical-analytical procedures to analyse natural and man-made materials. LGI equipment and analytical techniques can be used for a broad spectrum of inorganic analyses in the geosciences. The quality of measurement and accuracy of results are ensured by the use of international and in-house reference materials as well as the participation of the LGI in international laboratory tests.
LGI provide laboratory services on the field of preparation of polished and non-polished specimens (e.g. polished thin section and polished resin block) and special specimens for optical microscopy and/or SEM, EPMA and LA ICP-MS in-situ microanalysis.
- Laboratory of Plasma Spectrometry – ICP-MS/OES and LA ICP-MS
- Chemical lab (classical wet chemical analysis)
- Polishing lab (preparation of thin and polished sections)
- FAAS lab (Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry)
- LEA lab (Elemental Analysis Equipments; Carbon and Sulfur Analyzer; ELTRA Instrument)
- HPLC lab (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- Mercury analyzer AMA 254