Science and Research
► The list of research groups at the Chemistry section.
The scientific activities of employees and students of chemistry are motivated by the current needs of society, which chemistry can help solve. These prioritized, long monitored topics include:
- the preparation of new biologically active substances,
- the preparation of new functional materials for electronics, photonics and medicine,
- the study and description of biosystems at the molecular level,
- the design of methods suitable for monitoring the state of the environment,
- and the development of procedures for the liquidation of ecological accidents.
The work of research teams quite frequently transcends individual departments, divisions, faculties and even the country.
The chemistry division cooperates actively with over two dozen foreign universities and research institutes.
This has resulted in publications in reputable scientific journals, patents, and lectures at prestigious conferences. This international cooperation also includes the exchange of scientific and teaching staff and students between the involved workplaces. Detailed information on individual research topics and specific forms of cooperation is available on the pages of the individual departments.