CCF Culture Collection of Fungi
Atlases of microscopic fungi
- Atlas of zygomycetes (2009) (in Czech)
- Atlas of microscopic saprotrophic fungi (Ascomycota) (2006) (in Czech)
- Miniatlas of microorganisms (2001) (in Czech)
Scientific staff of CCF
- Mrs. Dr. Alena Kubátová - head of CCF (Ascomycota, Eurotiales, Hypocreales etc.)
- Mr. Dr. Karel Prášil (Ascomycota, pyrenomycetes, dematiaceous fungi)
- Mr. Dr. Miroslav Kolařík (phylogenetics, fungi associated with insect)
- Mr. Dr. Ondřej Koukol (ecology of fungi, leaf litter fungi)
- Mr. Vít Hubka (Aspergillus and Eurotium, fungi from clinical substrates)
Technical staff of CCF
- Mrs. Petra Seifertová
- Mrs. Adéla Kovaříčková
Culture Collection of Fungi - basic information
- Aims: The CCF serves as deposit of important fungal strains; CCF offer strains for teaching and research purposes.
- Cultures: Mainly saprotrophic ascomycetes and zygomycetes (soil fungi, litter decomposers, insect associated fungi, endophytes, phytopathogens, food contamintants, clinical important fungi etc.).
- Number of fungi: 3800 isolates; 2800 strains are available for public.
- Maintenance methods: Freeze-drying, under mineral oil, agar slopes in refrigerator, alginate pellets.
- History: The Culture Collection of Fungi was established in 1964-65 by Dr. Olga Fassatiová. In 1972 the CCF was admitted into the World Federation for Culture Collections (WFCC) under reg. No. 182. In 1985 the CCF entered into the European Culture Collections Organization (ECCO).
- Current activities : Since 2006 the CCF is included into Czech National Programme of Protection of Genetic Resources of Economically Significant Microorganisms and Tiny Animals (NPPGR) under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic.
- Catalogue - The last CCF Catalogue of strains was published in 2003. Current list of strains can be sent on request.
Charged services provided by CCF
Safe temporary deposition of cultures of microscopic fungi.
Supplying of strains for teaching and research purposes. The cultures are distributed on agar slants or in lyophilized form.
Identification of pure and mixed cultures.
Isolation and identification of microscopic filamentous fungi from various substrata on an individual contract basis.
Please send your requests to the following address:
Culture Collection of Fungi (CCF)
Department of Botany
Faculty of Science
Charles University in Prague
CZ - 128 01 Praha 2
fax: + 420 2 2195 1645
tel.: + 420 2 2195 1656
Links to culture collection organizations
- Czech National Programme of Protection of Genetic Resources of Economically Significant Microorganisms and Tiny Animals (NPPGR)
- Federation of Czechoslovak Collections of Microorganisms (FCCM)
- Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS)
- European Culture Collections Organization (ECCO)
- World Federation for Culture Collections (WFCC)