CCF Culture Collection of Fungi
Atlases of microscopic fungi
- Atlas of zygomycetes (2009) (in Czech)
- Atlas of microscopic saprotrophic fungi (Ascomycota) (2006) (in Czech)
- Miniatlas of microorganisms (2001) (in Czech)
Scientific staff of CCF
- Mrs. Dr. Alena Kubátová - head of CCF (Ascomycota, Eurotiales, Hypocreales etc.)
- Mr. Dr. and MD. Vít Hubka (Aspergillus, fungi from clinical substrates)
- Mr. Dr. Ondřej Koukol (ecology of fungi, leaf litter fungi)
- Mr. Dr. Miroslav Kolařík (phylogenetics, fungi associated with insect)
Technical staff of CCF
- Mrs. Lada Syrovátková
- Mrs. Kateřina Glässnerová
Culture Collection of Fungi - basic information
- Aims: The CCF serves as deposit of important fungal strains; CCF offer strains for teaching and research purposes.
- Cultures: Mainly saprotrophic ascomycetes and zygomycetes (soil fungi, litter decomposers, insect associated fungi, endophytes, phytopathogens, food contamintants, clinical important fungi etc.).
- Number of fungi: 3800 isolates; 2800 strains are available for public.
- Maintenance methods: Freeze-drying, under mineral oil, agar slopes in refrigerator, alginate pellets.
- History: The Culture Collection of Fungi was established in 1964-65 by Dr. Olga Fassatiová. In 1972 the CCF was admitted into the World Federation for Culture Collections (WFCC) under reg. No. 182. In 1985 the CCF entered into the European Culture Collections Organization (ECCO).
- Current activities : Since 2006 the CCF is included into Czech National Programme of Protection of Genetic Resources of Economically Significant Microorganisms and Tiny Animals (NPPGR) under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic.
- Catalogue - The last CCF Catalogue of strains was published in 2003. Current list of strains can be sent on request.
Supplying of strains for teaching and research purposes. The cultures are distributed on agar slants or in lyophilized form.
Price List 2022
Free of charge*
Other cultures of microscopic fungi (non-commercial use)
€ 48.50 per strain (50% discount for schools and research institutions)*
Cultures of microscopic fungi - commercial use
* Postage and packaging are added to the price of the cultures. Prices include 21% VAT.
Please send your requests to the following address:
Culture Collection of Fungi (CCF)
Department of Botany
Faculty of Science
Charles University in Prague
CZ - 128 01 Praha 2
fax: + 420 2 2195 1645
tel.: + 420 2 2195 1656
Links to culture collection organizations
- Czech National Programme of Protection of Genetic Resources of Economically Significant Microorganisms and Tiny Animals (NPPGR)
- Federation of Czechoslovak Collections of Microorganisms (FCCM)
- Westerdijk Fungal Biodiversity Institute
- European Culture Collections Organization (ECCO)
- World Data Centre for Microorganisms