Info event on ERC (25 May 2021)
The event was organised by the Project Management Department
When: 25 May 2021 (13:00 – 15:00)
- Introduction to ERC – types of grants, rules, evaluation
Ludmila Součková, Project Management Department
- Support to ERC applicants at the Faculty of Science
Ludmila Součková, Klára Sobotíková, Project Management Department
- ERC evaluation process – do we need ERC?
Zdeněk Strakoš, ERC Coordinator at CUNI, former ERC Panel Chair
- Experience of successful applicant – ERC Starting Grant
Filip Kolář, Principal Investigator of DOUBLE ADAPT
- Experience of successful applicant – ERC Consolidator Grant
Vladimír Hampl, Principal Investigator of Amitochondriates
We thank all the speakers and participants.
The event introduced:
- ERC rules – types of grants, eligibility criteria, evaluation procedure
- ERC logic – what kind of research ERC supports, who should apply for it and why
- Support for ERC applicants at the Faculty of Science
- Experience of successful grantees at the Faculty of Science
- (Young) researchers, who want to know what ERC is about and whether it might be an opportunity for them.
- Heads of departments and of research teams,
who want to recognise and motivate young researchers that should apply for an ERC grant.
- Anyone else interested in the topic.
Organiser contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is ERC?
- The European Research Council – ERC – supports research that is expected to lead to advances at the frontiers of knowledge. It operates on a “bottom-up” basis without predetermined priorities.
- ERC research grants support excellent Principal investigators (PIs) and their research teams. The PI must demonstrate ground-breaking nature of the proposal, it mustn’t be a mere continuation of previous achievements.
- ERC provides long-term funding (usually 5-year grants). Once awarded, the PIs are given a lot of liberty in managing their project and budget.
- Approximately two thirds of ERC research funding go to researchers, who are starting or consolidating their own research team or programme – it’s a great opportunity for young leaders of research teams.
- More about ERC on the Faculty of Science website.
Last update: 27. 5. 2021