Office of Education and Student Affairs
Faculty of Science
Charles University in Prague
128 43 Prague 2
Personal contact address
Na Slupi 16 (at the Botanic garden)
128 43 Praha 2
(tram Nr. 18 a 24, stop Botanická zahrada, map)
The Office of Ph.D. programmes administration is situated at the Botanic garden of the Faculty of Sciences in Na Slupi street Nr. 16, on the 2nd floor. See the map.
It is easiest to reach by underground. Take route B to Karlovo náměstí (Charles Square in English) station. Take a tram No. 6, 18 or 24 from there to Botanická zahrada. It is the first stop.
You can also walk from I.P. Pavlova underground station, route C. It is 10 to 15 minutes´ walk.
|Office of Education and Student Affairs||12- 3 pm||10- 12 am||10 - 12 am||12 - 3 am||-------|
phone: +420 221 951 165 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-ordinator, contact person, Administrative support
|Ing. Ivana Fraňková
phone: +420 221 951 159 email: email@example.com
Head of the Office
|Mgr. Dagmar Nasslerová
phone: +420 221 951 154 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Validation of Higher Education
Office hours: Tue, Wed 10-12 am, Thu 12-15 pm
phone: +420 221 951 163 email: email@example.com
Administrative support for Ph.D. programmes Biology and Environmental Sciences
phone: +420 221 951 162 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative support for Ph.D. programmes Chemistry, Geography and Geology
RNDr. Markéta Martínková, Ph.D.
The Office provides administrative support for study programmes in geology, geography, chemistry, biology, ecology, and environmental protection programs.
- The Graduate Office administers the admissions to postgraduate courses
- gives public notice of and administers doctoral admissions
- provides information services to prospective students, heads of departments and the research institutes of ASCR (Akademie věd ČR)
- keeps a record of applications; processes and submits applications for admission data into "Uchazeč", a University database
- writes letters of appointment for members of examining boards
- distributes invitation letter to applicants
- publishes admission examinations results; administers and deals with appeals
- administers enrolment of applicants
- cooperates with heads of academic boards and assists if necessary with solving various situations that may arise during study
- the Office keeps a record of and updates data in the registry of students and tutors
- prepares documents required for releasing payments of scholarships and grants (from the University budget, grants or external funding), controls and checks the budget for scholarships
- provides full administrative support of thesis defence (viva voce examinations) and doctoral examinations
- provides services for graduation ceremony of postgraduate students
- provides analyses and reports for the Vicechancellor´s Office, Ministry of Education and Sports and other institutions