Research in the Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology
The research in physical geography and goecology and other expert works in related branches considerably contributes by understanding the dynamics of global and regional changes of natural systems.
- Changes of natural environment and the dynamics of interactions of its physical-geographical components.
- Geographical assessment and results synthesis of recent processes observation and measurement.
- Natural hazards and physical-geographical aspects of their risks for the society.
- Development of nature and society interactions in the landscape
- Anthropogenic processes and phenomena in the complex of physical geography and geoecology of experimental areas and regions.
The research in the Department of the Physical Geography and Geoecology is realized by three research groups:
- Research group of biogeography, landscape ecology and pedology
- Research group of geomorphology and geodynamics
- Research group of hydrology
- Research group of meteorology and climatology