Prof. RNDr. Jakub Langhammer, Ph.D.
- Graduated from Charles University in Prague in Physical Geography (1993),
- Study stays at Universite de Paris 1 – Sorbonne (1991), University of Amsterdam (1993). PhD Thesis on Mathematical Modelling of Water Quality at Charles University in Prague (1999).
- Post-doc stay at Université de Strasbourg (2001).
- Certificate in Professional Management at Open University Business School (2005).
- Associated professor in Physical Geography at Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague (2010) - Geoinformatic analysis and modeling the risk processes in hydrology.
- Full professor in Physical Geography at Charles University (2017)
Since 1994 researcher and lecturer a the Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague.
2000-6 scientific secretary of the Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology at Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, 2006-9 deputy head of the Department.
2010-2016 Vice Dean of Faculty of Science, Charles University, responsible for Geographical Departments and information technologies (2010-16).
Since 2016 Vice Dean of Faculty of Science, Charles University, responsible for Public Relations and Information Technologies.
Professional Societies and Editorial Board Membership
ICPE (International Commission for the Protection of the Elbe river) – member of expert board on Sediment Management management, since 2009
Award of Faculty of Science for excellent results in research management and in pedagogical activities (2004).
EGU (European Geosciences Union), member since 2007
ČGS (Czech Geographical Society), member since 2004
IALE-CZ (International Association for Landscape Ecology), member since 1999