For Erasmus students - Coronavirus / COVID-19 protective measures
Dear Erasmus students,
We believe that all of you are aware of the current Coronavirus / COVID-19 epidemics in several countries of the world (China, South Korea, Iran), the closest to the Czech Republic at the moment in Northern Italy (regions of Veneto and Lombardy).
While we so far only have 3 confirmed cases in the Czech Republic (2nd March 2020), after today’s meeting with the Rector of Charles University, we would like to kindly ask for your cooperation to protect us all against spreading of the virus.
While you yourself won’t likely be affected much by the illness Covid-19 seeing to the fact that most of you are in your early twenties, there are many elderly and chronically ill people living in our university cities and we would like for them to have the best chance to not catch this illness which is highly contagious ( = infectious) as you have no doubt observed from the world news.
As per today’s decision of Charles University Coronavirus crisis committee, we would like you to follow the following protective measures (until further notice or until the epidemics in the affected regions has been stopped):
- Please, unless absolutely necessary, do not travel to the affected regions during your stay at Charles University ( = any region of those listed above and any that might possibly be added in the next days / weeks). The main travel connections to Northern Italy (plane connection between Prague / Brno and Venice / Milan as well as buses to the region of Northern Italy) shall be stopped for the time being.
- Please, do not host any guests (family, friends, study colleagues…) from the affected regions (see above) as long as the epidemics continues.
- Should you have met with anyone from the affected regions (see above), observe yourself and should you start feeling unwell (similarly as by the flu, incubation up to 14 days), contact the medical services (see below)
- If you are asked to keep “quarantine at home”, inform us, please, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you be housed in Charles University halls of residence, we will provide you with temporally accommodation not shared with your study peers. Should you be housed privately, contact us as well so that we know about you being in quarantine.
- In the event of medical emergency (e.g. those of you suffering from asthma and starting to feel unwell after meeting someone from the affected regions), immediately call for medical assistance. Do not use public transport to get to the hospital, please, wait for the emergency services, unless instructed otherwise by the medical personal.
- Visits in the affected regions – if you are from any affected area and wish to visit e.g. for Easter holidays (or any other period of time), note, please, that you will be put into “quarantine at home” for the next 14 days after your return to the Czech Republic, unless the situation has improved by then. Please, inform us at email@example.com in such an event.
Charles University website on Coronavirus outbreak (if only China is still referred to somewhere in the text, replace it by „affected areas“): https://cuni.cz/UKEN-379.html?news=9601&locale=en
Numbers to call if you might have Covid-19:
(00420) 773 782 856
(00420) 773 782 850
Daily 9 a.m. till 8 p.m.
Emergency line: 112
Information line to register at if returning from the affected regions: (00420) 495 058 111
Emergency lines to contact if feeling unwell: (00420) 601 130 894 (work hours 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.), (00420) 721 417 310 (3:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m)
Information lines to register at if returning from the affected regions: (00420) 377 155 100, (00420) 377 155 106, (00420) 377 155 107 or (00420) 724 090 060
Emergency lines to contact if feeling unwell: (00420) 377 402 264 or (00420) 377 402 657
INFO LINE VALID FOR THE WHOLE AREA OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC
(00420) 724 810 106 a (00420) 725 191 367