Lending of Nook Simple Touch e-readers
You can reserve a Nook Simple Touch e-reader through , the electronic catalog of the Geographical Library, or by e-mail ( to firstname.lastname@example.org) (The Geographical Library has 2 Nook Simple Touch e-readers available for its readers). Item status in OPAC "not for loan" does not matter!
According to the library’s lending rules, the e-readers can only be borrowed by registered internal users (= CU FoS students, CU FoS doctoral students and CU FoS employees).*Records of loaned readers will be kept in the Aleph, just like other regular loans. E-readers will be loaned for a period of 14 days (without any extensions), and each reader will sign an E-Reader Loan Agreement. The fee for late returns of an e-reader is 200 CZK per day. E-readers must be returned charged! The battery need not be fully charged, but the librarian must be able to turn on the device to make sure it is in working order. E-readers should also be returned without any content – i.e. wiped clean.
* From the Loan Rules:
Lending of e-readers
1. CU FoS libraries may loan e-readers to registered internal users.
2. The terms for lending e-readers are governed by the Loan Rules of CU FoS and are confirmed when signing an E-Reader Loan Agreement (appendix no. 3 of this document).
3. The loan period for e-readers is determined by the library employee based on the demand for the service.
4. Loans of e-readers are recorded in the library system.
5. The user is required to pay late fees according to the current fee schedule when late in returning an e-reader.
Information about e-readers at CU FoS from the webpage of the Science Support Department. (Czech only)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKING WITH AN E-READER (Czech only)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKING OFFLINE WITH BORROWED E-BOOKS (Czech only)
INSTRUCTIONS AND TIPS FOR WORKING WITH E-BOOKS (Czech only)
How to download e-books from the e-brary – instructions prepared by the T.G. Masaryk Library of Social Sciences in Jinonice (Czech only)
How to read e-books safely using Adobe DRM - instructions prepared by the T.G. Masaryk Library of Social Sciences in Jinonice (Czech only)