Exhibition Mikuláš Klaudyán- první mapa Čech in Teplice
Gymnázimum Teplice in cooperation with the Geographic Library and Map Collection of the Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague prepared the exhibition Mikuláš Klaudyán- the first map of Bohemia.
In 1518, the first independent detailed map of Bohemia was published in Nuremberg. The map is of particular importance not only for Czech but also for European cartography. It was established as the first in Central Europe and belongs to the family of separate maps of Europe. It is called after the doctor and printer owner in Mladá Boleslav Mikuláš Klaudyán (+1521). The ideological design was Erhard Etzlauber's road maps from Nuremberg. The illustrated monolith, the woodcut with the map was preserved in a single copy deposited in the Litoměřice Bishopric and deposited in the State Regional Archives in Litoměřice. It was donated by the Catholic priest and historian Gelasius Dobner probably to the Bishop of Litoměřice, Emanuel Arnošt of Valdštejn, around 1750. It is not yet known where the printout was obtained. The original was restored in 1968.
She opened the exhibition with a lecture and a guided tour by PhDr. Eva Novotná, Director of Map Collection.