Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
About the position:
The group of Chemical Biology and Biocatalysis is looking for a highly motivated fellow that is interested in pioneering research at the interface of chemistry and biology.
The aim of the project is to develop a new strategy for efficient generation of small molecule libraries for testing in biochemical / biological assays.
The project will lead to a fundamentally new understanding of the interaction of small molecules with complex biological samples. Furthermore, diagnostic and therapeutic applications are envisaged.
A PhD position in Chemistry / Chemical Biology is available at the Department of Organic Chemistry at the Charles University in Prague starting January 2024.
- The successful applicant will have a Master’s degree in Chemistry and will have an experience with synthesis and characterization of small molecules.
- Experience with protein / DNA manipulation is beneficial but not required.
- The applicant is expected to be fluent in English.
- The scholarship is adequate to cover all living costs in Prague.
- employment contract, part-time
- position on boarding: researcher
Applications including cover letter, CV and names of two references should be sent to Dr. Misek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: November 12, 2023