Visegrad–Taiwan Scholarships offer funding for PhD candidates (early-stage researchers), and doctoral and postdoctoral scholars (experienced researchers) to study/conduct research in Taiwan.
- Eligible candidates: Visegrad–Taiwan Scholarships offer funding for PhD candidates (early-stage researchers), and doctoral and postdoctoral scholars (experienced researchers) to study/conduct research in Taiwan.
- Areas of support: a) Nanotechnology, b) Electro-technical industry, c) Biotechnology, d) Information technology, e) Public health, f) Social sciences and humanities, or g) Other
- Length of support: 1–10 months
- The amount of the support is €1,000/month for each scholar + €1,000 in the form of a one-time travel grant (tuition and other costs associated with the research are covered by the Taiwanese side)
The application must be submitted on-line via My Visegrad by September 30, 2021, 12.00 PM CET (noon) and must include the following enclosures in English or accompanied by certified translation:
- A scan of the highest obtained university diploma with transcript (in English or translated into English);
- Scanned verified confirmation of current enrollment/involvement in PhD study/research issued by the present university/institution (document on a letterhead paper and confirmed—i.e., stamped and signed—by the present university/institution;
- A scanned letter of acceptance or an equivalent document (e.g., invitation letter) from the host university/institution containing a detailed working plan of the study/research period (not older than 3 months when submitting the application)—please consult the list of eligible host institutions (below);
- Scans of two letters of recommendation, with one of them issued by the supervisor (leader of the research group in case of postdoctoral scholars) at the present university/institution, stating that the supervisor/leader agrees with the proposed stay abroad)