Company of Biologists Travel Grants - aktuálně do 30. 6. 2014
The Society for Experimental Biology offers travel grants to support Biologists who wish to attend a Conference or gain research experience in the UK or abroad. The funding has been kindly offered to the Society by the Company of Biologists which also supports its meetings and offers reduced subscriptions to its journals.
Application deadlines: 31st March, 30th June, 30th September, 31st December.
The following criteria apply:
- Applicants should not have received CoB funding in the last 12 months
- Applicants must be a member of the Society for Experimental Biology (theapplication form for membership can be found here) and
o Must be in the second consecutive year of membership, or
o Must opt for a multi-year membership when joining
(i.e. Student 5 year membership; Early career Scientist 3 years)
- Applicants must be PhD students or Early Career Scientists (junior postdoctoral researcher in the first 3 years of their postdoc).
- Maximum funding for home country: £250.
- Maximum funding for overseas: £500.
- Only one person per laboratory may apply for an overseas visit. For laboratory visits, a letter of support should be included from the host institution.
- The Society does not fund applications made retrospectively.
- The date of travel must occur at least one month after the closing date of the quarter.
- With regards to applications to attend conferences/meetings: applications made by scientists who are presenting at conferences/meetings will be looked on more favourably than those who are not.
- Area of research: the SEB only funds applications that are within the Society’s research remit. This is restricted to the subject areas that are covered by the Society’s activities. Research directly related to medicine is precluded as this subject area is better funded than most biological disciplines.
How to apply:
Applicants must have the following letters in PDF format, ready to upload with their application:
- two letters of reference (one from your supervisor)
- one status confirmation letter from their head of department
Please note that you will also be asked to provide the following:
- a short justification for proposal outlining why you should be awarded the grant
- an abstract on the research you are undertaking or on the presentation you are intending to give
You will be informed of the decision of the judging panel approximately one month from the closing date for the quarter (31st March, 30th June, 30th September, 31st December). The decision of the judging panel is final.
vložila: Darina Koubínová