Student Affairs Division
Univerzita Karlova, Prirodovedecka Fakulta
128 00 Praha
How to find us
The office is at the Botanical Garden of the Faculty of Sciences in the street Na Slupi, building no. 433/16, 2nd floor. See the map.
It is easiest to reach us by the metro. Take line B to the Karlovo Náměstí (Charles Square in English) station. Take tram no. 14, 18 or 24 from there to Botanická Zahrada (Botanical Garden in English). It is the first stop.
You can also walk from the I.P. Pavlova metro station on line C. It is about 15 minutes of walk.
The regular office hours for students and applicants:
Monday: 1 – 3 p.m.
Wednedsday: 10 – 12 a.m.
In urgent cases, please contact your study officer to make an individual appointment.
Mgr. Valerie Havrdová
(+420) 221 951 154 email@example.com
Mgr. Klára Kolínová
(+420) 221 951 157 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mgr. Martina Linhartová
(+420) 221 951 046 email@example.com
Bc. Gabriela Lojková
(+420) 221 951 067 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact information for incoming Erasmus students are on the Erasmus office webpage.
doc. RNDr. Milada Teplá, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for concept of study
doc. RNDr. Pavel Chromý, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for study affairs
Ing. Ivana Fraňková
Head of the division
Description of Doctoral Study Department's agenda
The deivision provides administrative support for study programmes in biology, chemistry, ecology, environmental study, geography and geology study programs.
- Administration of the admissions to doctoral study
- gives public notice of and administers admissions
- provides information services to prospective students, heads of departments and the research institutes of ASCR (AVČR)
- keeps a record of applications; processes and submits applications
- writes letters of appointment for members of examining boards
- distributes invitation letter to applicants
- publishes admission examination results; administers and deals with appeals
- administers enrolment of applicants
- cooperates with heads of academic boards and assists if necessary with solving various situations that may arise during studies
- the department keeps a record of and updates data in the registry of students and tutors
- prepares documents required for releasing payments of scholarships and grants (from the University budget, grants or external funding), controls and checks the budget for scholarships
- provides full administrative support of thesis defence (viva voce examinations) and final examinations
- provides services for graduation ceremonies of postgraduate students
- provides analyses and reports for the Vice-Chancellor's Office, Ministry of Education and Sports and other institutions
Information on the Student Affairs Division's agenda.