In light of several cases where students of foreign universities presently attending Charles University have found themselves in crisis situations, the Charles University Rector has adopted Measure 33/2016 effective as of 1.1.2017 to help those in trouble. For arriving students this means:
Upon arrival you must:
- provide valid contact information in Czechia;
- provide contact information for someone close to you;
- document valid insurance for the territory of Czechia, and possibly resident status information.
The faculty and university will provide students the following support:
- contact person at the faculty - Mgr. Pavla Pousková (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- contact e-mail in case of an emergency email@example.com;
- emergency hotline in Czechia - 112;
- information on crisis communication procedures is also available on the Charles University website;
- information on health care facilities communicating in English can be found at US embassy website;
- in the event of non-emergency crises you can also contact the IPSC psychological counselling centre.
In the event of an urgent emergency you should always first contact the Integrated Emergency Response system at 112.