E-mail | SIS | Moodle | Helpdesk | Libraries | cuni.cz | CIS More

česky | english Log in



Co dělat, když chci pracovat na PřF?

Co dělat před/při/po nástupu

Entry conditions for a stay in the Czech Republic depend upon:

- your nationality

- the purpose of your stay

- the duration of your stay.

The conditions are outlined on the pages below.

In case you cannot find the information for your particular case, or need assistance with any part of the procedures, please do not hesitate to contact your nearest EURAXESS centre.

If your stay in the Czech Republic becomes more permanent (longer than a few years), and/or you get married to a Czech resident, you may think about applying for Permanent Residence or even Citizenship

Citizens of the EU member states, as well as Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, may stay in the Czech Republic and work here without a special permit. A valid travel document (passport or national identity card) is sufficient. However in some situations you must report your residence to the Czech authorities

Within 30 days of entering the Czech Republic, you must report your presence to the appropriate Foreign Police Department nearest to where you are staying. This obligation does not apply if the person providing accommodation (hotel, hostel, student residence or similar establishment) submits the registration forms on behalf of you.

If you change your address, surname, marital status, or data data contained in the travel document, you must inform the Foreign Police of this.

If you are staying more than 3 months in the Czech Republic, your presence must be registered with the Foreign Police within 30 days (see "staying 30-90 days") and in addition, you can (although you are not obliged to) request a certificate of temporary residence.

This is highly advisable because it will enable you to obtain a "rodné číslo" which you will need for many other administrative procedures during your stay.

All changes (address, marital status, purpose of stay, passport) must be reported to the Foreign Police.

Citizens of some non-EU/EEA countries are allowed to come to the Czech Republic for up to 3 months without a visa. Those countries are listed on this page.

Citizens of all other non-EU/EEA countries will require a short-term Schengen visa for a stay of up to 90 days. This visa authorises you to stay in the Czech Republic (and all other Schengen States) for the period of time specified in the visa, however not for more than three months during any half-year from the date on which you first enter a Schengen country, as designated by the stamp placed in their travel document. Schengen visas are issued by the diplomatic missions of the Schengen States, and applications are standardly processed within 7-15 days of submission (in some cases 30 days and in exceptional cases up to 60 days). You should apply for the visa from your country of residence, via the embassy of the Czech Republic or any other Schengen State.

For verification legitimacy of residence according to rule 90/180 you can use use the tool, which was created by EU Commission, and it is available on Calculator of travel days remaining under a Schengen short-stay visa.

All nationals of third countries (visa-free or with a short-term visa) are obliged to report their presence in the Czech Republic to the appropriate Foreign Police Department, within 3 working days of their entry to the Czech Republic. If you are staying in a hotel, hostel, student residence or similar, they will do this for you. If you are staying in private accommodation you will need to do so yourself.

In order to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months, all third-country nationals are required to obtain either a long-term residence permit or a long-stay visa. Although these terms refer to different procedures, they both serve a very similar purpose and you may hear both referred to as "visa".

If you are coming to the Czech Republic to carry out scientfic or academic research, we recommend applying for the long-term residence permit for the purpose of scientific research ("scientific permit"). This is a special residence permit for researchers who have a Hosting Agreement with a research organization in the Czech Republic, for a period exceeding 3 months. This has a number of advantages over a standard visa, and a visa is not required in addition. The application is processed faster than other visas, within 60 days.

You will need to submit the following documents with your application:

  1. Hosting agreement
  2. Written confirmatio from your host organisation
  3. Travel health insurance
  4. Criminal records check
  5. Completed application form
  6. Travel document
  7. 2 photographs
  8. Upon request a medical report

Důležité kontakty personání










veřejné zakázky



Document Actions