WordPress template for FSc CU research groups’ websites
The WordPress template for FSc CU research groups’ websites is intended for the research groups at FSc CU that want to create a simple, attractive and responsive web presentation for their research activities. In addition to the actual WP template, the package includes pre-set pages, plug-ins and basic settings. You can view the template on this page.
To use the WordPress solution for research teams’ websites, it is necessary to create web space and install the template.
If you are interested in the WordPress template for research teams, proceed as follows:
A. If your research group has no website yet
1. The user who obtains the consent from the head of a workplace for managing an individual website space allotment shall contact an authorised person at the workplace (Head, Secretary or Assistant). The authorised person (not a common user!) shall confirm the user’s authorisation by e-mail to the Faculty server administrator (Mgr. David Kománek, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). The following information must be attached to the confirmation:
- Project title
- Required disk quota (storage capacity)
- End section of the URL and/or the agreed hostname
- Indication of whether a database is required (YES in this case)
- Administrator (the person in charge; preferably their Faculty login or CU number of person)
In this case, it is important to mention in the application that you are interested in new web space, in which you want to use the WordPress template for research groups that was made by the Department for Public Relations.
You can find the instructions from CIT website on this page (in Czech).
2. Once you receive an e-mail titled “Přidělení webového prostoru na serveru web.natur.cuni.cz” (Allocation of Web Space on the web.natur.cuni.cz server) from CIT, specifically from David Kománek, with access data, you can send an application for assistance in installing the prepared template to Mgr. Daniel Paluba (e-mail: email@example.com) at the DPR.
a. He will install the prepared template and set everything up on your computer remotely using a screen sharing tool (such as TeamViewer).
b. He will install the prepared template and set everything up on your computer in person.
3. Go ahead and edit your website’s content. You can use the instructions prepared along with illustration videos (in Czech) – from the simplest steps for those who have never worked with WordPress before to advanced procedures.
B. If your research group already owns web space that uses a CMS (WordPress, Drupal or other)
1. You will have to apply for new web space on the Faculty server – proceed following the instructions in part A.
Important note: Once the new web space has been allocated to you and the template is installed, you have one month to migrate your existing data and website to the new template. After that, your old domain with content will be deleted. When you have migrated all the data and pages to the new website, contact the authorised person at your workplace (Head, Secretary or Assistant). Further to an e-mail application sent to CIT, the person will ask for the former web presentation to be deleted.