Opinions of The Task Force of the Faculty of Science at Charles University of 1 June 2020
I. Regime for Entrance Examinations at the Faculty
1. The faculty buildings are open to applicants on business days between 07:00 and 19:00.
2. Applicants are, when entering the faculty’s space, obligated to use the disinfectant products for their hands that are located there for this purpose. For the entire time of their presence in the faculty, applicants are obligated to wear protection for their airways.
3. Before an entrance examination, an applicant must provide a written sworn statement on the non-existence of symptoms of a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.). In the event of an entrance examination in the form of a written test, an applicant will hand the statement over before entering the lecture hall. In the event of an entrance examination performed in the form of an oral interview, he/she will hand the statement over to the commission before starting the examination. If an applicant takes an entrance examination on more than one date, he/she hands over a statement for each date of examination.
4. In the event of the non-provision of a sworn statement, an applicant will not be enabled to take an examination or remain in the faculty’s space.
5. Chairs of commissions for entrance examinations and teachers supervising written examinations are instructed, before the start of an examination, to check whether an applicant has submitted a sworn statement and, if not, to exclude such applicant representing a potential health risk from the entrance examination.
II. Regime for Entry into Faculty for Students
1. The faculty buildings are open to students on business days between 07:00 and 19:00.
2. Students are, when entering the faculty’s space, obligated to use the disinfectant products for their hands that are located there for this purpose. Students are not obligated to wear protection for their airways (e.g. a respirator, mask, mouth covering, etc.), provided they maintain distances of at least 2 m and provided there are not more than 15 people in a room.
3. Before first entering the school, a student must provide a written sworn statement on the non-existence of symptoms of a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.). If a student has already issued the school with such statement, he/she does not submit it again.
4. At the FoS such sworn statement on non-infectiousness is submitted in electronic form, where a completed and signed form is photographed and sent by e-mail to the relevant student officer, or it is possible to sign the form and hand it over directly at the place of teaching or examination. You can find contact details for student officers here.
5. The Student Registry arranges the input of information about the submission of a sworn statement by a student into the SIS.
6. In the event of the non-provision of a sworn statement, a student cannot be enabled to enter the faculty, even for the purpose of attending an examination.
7. Teachers are instructed, before the start of an examination or teaching, to check whether a student submitted a sworn statement and, if not, to exclude such student with a potential health risk from teaching or an examination.
III. Regime for Studying at the Faculty
1. The personal presence of students is possible only in teaching groups of no more than 15 students. Studying takes place without the necessity of wearing protection for the airways when no more than 15 persons are present in a room.
2. The limitation on the number of students in a teaching group does not concern practical and on-the-ground teaching. Outdoor teaching takes place without the necessity of wearing protection for the airways, provided distances of at least 2 m are maintained.
IV. Regime for Foreign Trips for Students and Faculty Employees
1. With regard to the current positive trends in the COVID-19 pandemic, the across-the-board limitation on foreign trips by students and faculty employees is cancelled.
2. Consent to a foreign trip will be dealt with in accordance with the current epidemiological situation in the destination and related transport limitations. We hereby ask approvers of foreign trips to, when approving individual trips, take into account the risk of quarantine, forced extension of a stay or testing, which will be charged to the relevant workplace/work group.
3. We draw attention to the fact that insurance for foreign trips does not apply to locations to which trips are not recommended in accordance with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. In the case of other countries, the travel insurance is valid, but applies only to treatment costs (i.e. hospitalisation due to illness), not to additional costs arising in connection with ordered quarantine and stays.
V. Concluding and Repealing Provisions
1. FoS employees are obligated to comply with valid epidemiological measures.
2. This opinion repeals all opinions and resolutions of the task force of the FoS issued in connection with infection with the COVID-19 disease.
3. This opinion is valid at the moment of its publication and effective from 1 June 2020.