Meeting of the Task Force of the Faculty of Science at Charles University of 30.3.2020
1) Participation by workers at the faculty in diagnostics of COVID-19 in Biocev
- Employees who will be involved in diagnostics of COVID-19 above the framework of their workload will work on the basis of special agreements to complete a job which are concluded; certain workers will be awarded a premium for work in an infectious environment. In line with practice in the Faculty of Science, the description of work included within the framework of the agreement to complete a job must be different to that included in the employee’s job description and the standpoint of the head of the respective workplace must be provided.
- Medical examination of these workers will, in line with Government Decree No. 84/2020 Coll., be resolved in the form of an affidavit.
- The faculties of Charles University which are involved in diagnostics of COVID-19 in Biocev (Faculty of Science and 1st Faculty of Medicine) will jointly request reimbursement of costs incurred from the state.
2) Aid for the fight against the coronavirus
- On the basis of the first offer of financial aid for the faculty for activities relating to the fight against COVID-19, a separate account has been opened to which any deposits which may be made by potential donors can be directed.
- Information will be posted on the website about the possibility of supporting the Faculty of Science at Charles University as a sponsor with definition of the scope of activities (diagnostics of COVID-19) which any contributions by sponsors will be used to support.
3) Records of COVID positive employees and students
- Employees on whom quarantine has been imposed and COVID positive employees are obliged to report this fact to the HR Department.
- Students on whom quarantine has been imposed and COVID positive students are obliged to report this fact to an office in the Study Department.
- The above-mentioned information about employees and students is confidential in nature and will be handled subject to the appropriate personal data protection regime.
4) Distribution of disinfectant agents
- The sphere of clients which use disinfectants prepared in the chemistry section is gradually expanding to include other social care facilities.
- Disinfectant agents are also used in the faculty. However, in view of the limited capacity, these are not intended for use outside of the faculty.
5) Overview of distance learning tools
- CIT has elaborated an overview of tools available to support e-learning, including evaluation of experience with their use at the Faculty of Science which will subsequently be available as a methodological aid for the faculty community.