The aim of the doctoral studies is to lead students to independent research and to provide them the appropriate qualifications.
Doctoral study programmes are open in Czech and in English language too. The specific study programme is organized in a full-time (internal) or a part-time (external) mode of study. Standard length of a full-time study course is four years. The maximum period of a part-time study course is eight years. Graduates are awarded a Ph.D. title (a Doctorate, „doktor“ in Czech).
Schedule of the admission procedure
There are usually two schedules of admission procedure.
DSP (all study programmes are open)
- the admission requirements published: December / January
- the submission of applications for study from: January 15
- the deadline for application for study: April 30
- the start of study: October 1
DSP II (only some programmes are open)
- the admission requirements published: August / September
- the submission of applications for study from: September / October
- the deadline for application for study: December 15
- the start of study: March 1
- Apply to study (online application)
- Possibility of the admission interview performed without the applicant’s attendance at faculty
- Information about the entrance exam
- Rules for viewing applicants' files during the admission procedure
Useful information for international students (visa, dormitories, student cards…)