The summary of research topics of the Department of Ecology will be gradually added here.
The list below is not complete yet; members of the Department are involved in research spanning a broader range of disciplines (see also the list of published papers).
- Distribution, ecology and negative impacts of alien crayfish species and crayfish plaque in Central Europe
- Temperature characteristics and forecasts of pest invasions
- Land snail communities of natural and plant-invaded alluvial ecosystems in the Czech Republic
Community ecology and autecology
- Diversity and conservation of butterfly communities
- Diversity and metacommunity ecology of crustaceans in small water bodies of the Kokořínsko Protected Landscape Area
- Diversity, ecology and biogeography of diatom communities (Baccilariophyta) in the Antarctic region
- Phytoplankton of Tatra lakes – determinants of species diversity and biomass of cyanobacteria and algae
- Vocal communication and behaviour of selected passerine species. See website of the Bioacoustics Research Group
- Interspecific hybridization of cladocerans of the Daphnia longispina complex and its ecological and evolutionary significance
- Energy allocation in avian life histories
- Ecology, biology and evolutionary ecology of symbiotic shrimps from the subfamily Pontoniinae
- Evolution of reproductive and life strategies in lizards
- Evolution of sex-determining mechanisms in squamate reptiles
- Evolution of sexually dimorphic traits in lizards and their hormonal control
- Null and neutral models of abundance, spatial distribution and diversity of organisms
- Determinants of biodiversity: why there are more species in a more productive environment and in mountains?
- Geographical variation in functional components of bird diversity