- Defense of Ph.D. thesis of Zdeněk Janovský
- 11th Clonal meeting 2015
- We would like to invite you to the 11th Clonal meeting, which will take place from 4 to 7 August 2015 in Třeboň, Czech Republic. Clonal meetings are a series of conferences that were initiated by Jan van Groenendael, Hans de Kroon and Mike Hutchings about 30 years ago, and have addressed primarily role of clonality in plants and its physiological, ecological and evolutionary implications. These meetings have been rather informal gatherings of plant ecologists interested in plant clonality and established a forum for exchange of ideas and communication of new achievements in this branch of science. Almost each of the meetings has produced a journal special volume.
- Course of work in Linux command line not only for MetaCentrum 2015
- Don’t be afraid of command line! It is friendly and powerful tool. Practically identical is command line also in Mac OS X, BSD and another UNIX-based systems, not only in Linux. Basic knowledge of Linux is not conditional. Course will be taught in Linux, but most of the point are applicable also for another UNIX systems like Mac OS X.
- Course of work with molecular data in R 2015
- R is nowadays probably the most powerful tool for statistics of all types. There are plenty of modules available for work with molecular data. Those will be introduced during the course. Previous knowledge of R is useful, but not necessary.
- Select dates of two courses: work in Linux not only for MetaCentrum and work with molecular data in R
- First course will focus on work in Linux command line, writing of scripts and use of that knowledge for work with MetaCentrum of CESNET. The second course will be about work with molecular data in R. Both will be taught by Vojtěch Zeisek
- PhD defense of Martina Pichrtová
- Stress resistance of polar hydro-terrestrial algae Zygnema spp.