Characteristics of the field
Organic chemistry deals with isolation, synthesis, and determination of the structure of organic compounds and with study of relationship between the structure and properties of organic substances by help of physical and chemical methods.
Research projects currently solved at Department of Organic and Nuclear Chemistry
- Isolation, characterization, and preparation of new isoprenoid derivatives. Study of their biological (cytotoxic, antiviral, antimicrobial) activity (Jan Šarek, www.betulinines.com).
- Synthesis of amino-, halogeno-, thio-and another derivatives of saccharides. Preparation of the biologically active oligosaccharides and glycopoeptides and study of their properties (Tomáš Trnka, orgchem.cz/trnka).
- Synthesis of porphyrin receptors modified by glycosylated steroids.
- Syntheses of regioselectively substituted cyclodextrin derivatives and their application in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology and material chemistry (Jindřich Jindřich, jindrich.org).
- Development of new reactions based on transition metal complexes and organometallic reagents; their application for the preparation of bioactive compounds (Martin Kotora, orgchem.cz/kotora).
- Molecular electronics. Preparation of compounds for the construction plane molecular grids. It will be cyclobutadiene-cyclopentadiene complexes of cobalt and substituted porphyrin and phthalocyanine lanthanum sandwich complexes as well. These complexes will be interconnected by means of rigid linear molecular bridges and meshes of 2-D molecular grid (net) will be created (Jaroslav Pecka).
- Preparation of substituted aziridines derived from 1,6-anhydrohexoses and study of their reactivity with nucleophilic reagents. Utilisation of epimino- and dianhydro derivatives of hexoses in organic synthesis. Fluoro and aminosaccharides preparation and biological activity testing (Jiří Kroutil).
Courses and seminars on the Department of Organic and Nuclear Chemistry
- C270P03 Structure and Reactivity I (doc. RNDr. Robert Ponec, CSc.)
- C270P04 Saccharides (prof. RNDr. Miloslav Černý, DrSc.)
- C270P05 Peptides (RNDr. Martin Flegel, CSc.)
- C270P06A Spectroscopic Methods IR, MS (RNDr. Martin Štícha, RNDr. Stanislav Hilgard, CSc.)
- C270P06B Spectroscopic Methods NMR I (RNDr. Iva Tišlerová, Ph.D.)
- C270P07 Stereochemistry (RNDr. Jiří Kroutil, Ph.D.)
- C270P08 Spectroscopic Methods NMR III (RNDr. Iva Tišlerová, Ph.D.)
- C270P09 Spectroscopic Methods NMR II (RNDr. Iva Tišlerová, Ph.D.)
- C270P11 Natural Products II (RNDr. Irena Valterová, CSc.)
- C270P12 Natural Products I (RNDr. Hana Chodounská, CSc.)
- C270P13A Organic Synthesis I (doc. RNDr. Ladislav Lešetický, CSc.)
- C270P13B Organic Synthesis II (doc. RNDr. Ladislav Lešetický, CSc.)
- C270P16 Quantuum Organic Chemistry (RNDr. Jaroslav Pecka)
- C270P17 Quantuum Chemistry II (RNDr. Jaroslav Pecka)
- C270P20 Seminar on Advanced Organic Chemistry (prof. RNDr. Miloslav Černý, DrSc.)
- C270P22 Chemistry of the Pharmaceutics (doc. Ing. Stanislav Smrček, CSc.)
- C270P24 Alkaloids I (doc. Ing. Josef Hájíček, CSc.)
- C270P28 Alkaloids II (doc. Ing. Josef Hájíček, CSc.)
- C270P31 Structure and Reactivity II (RNDr. Ivo Starý, CSc.)
- C270P69 Supramolecular Chemistry (RNDr. Jindřich Jindřich, CSc.)
Themes for PhD Thesis (2006-2007)
- Synthesis of oligosaccharides derived from D-glucosamine, D-galactosamine and D-mannosamine as a ligands of activating receptor of natural killer (NK) cells (Tomáš Trnka).
- Utilization of anhydrohexoses for synthesis of substituted derivatives of mono- and oligosaccharides (Tomáš Trnka).
- Preparation of glycopeptides with potencial biological activity a and study of their properties (Tomáš Trnka).
- Separation and solubilization of carbon nanotubes using cyclodextrins (Jindřich Jindřich).
- Development of new methods for preparation of regioselectively disubstituted cyclodextrin derivatives (Jindřich Jindřich).
- Nanotechnology: The preparation of cyclobutadien-cyclopentadien cobalt complexes and lanthane complexes of substituted porphyrin and phthalocyanine for molecular grids. (Jaroslav Pecka).
- Nucleophilic substitution of 1,6-anhydrohexose derivatives in ionic-liquids (Jiří Kroutil)
The subject-area board is available in Czech (Oborová rada). The Chairman is highlighted.