Department of Ecology
Faculty of Science
Doc. RNDr. Adam Petrusek, Ph.D.
+420 - 221 951 000
Viničná 7, 2nd floor
tel: +420 - 221 951 804
fax: +420 - 221 951 673
- Department web finally in English
- Finally, a new English-language website of our department has been launched. Although it is still under construction, you can find most important info here, and news will be regularly added.
- A new synthetic paper about alien species in Europe
- in the journal Global Ecology and Biogeography (impact factor 5.304).
- Interspecific differences in sexual size dimorphism in geckos extend temperature-induced variation
- The April issue of Journal of Evolutionary Biology published a paper by Zuzana Starostová (Department of Zoology), Lukáš Kubička and Lukáš Kratochvíl (both Department of Ecology).
- Cover page of the journal Global Ecology and Biogeography focuses on biological invasions
- Pipit songs in the Auk
- The spring issue of one of the most important ornithological journals contains the paper by Tereza Petrusková from the Department of Ecology, focusing on bioacoustic analyses of songs of a small passerine bird, the Tree Pipit.
- Creativity Award of the Charles University was granted to prof. Petr Pyšek from the Department of Ecology
- The rector of the Charles University has awarded prof. Petr Pyšek for his outstanding contribution to the understanding of the causes and effects of biological invasions worldwide, and his remarkable discoveries in ecology of invasive plants.
- Coexisting Cyclic Parthenogens Comprise a Holocene Species Flock
- An evolutionary study on cladocerans inhabiting circumbaltic glacial-origin lakes shows that cyclic parthenogens may diversify in a short evolutionary time frame. The study was published in PloS ONE by Markéta Faustová and Veronika Sacherová from the Department of Ecology, together with US and Swedish co-authors.
- We offer two PhD positions in tropical ecology of birds
- Are you looking for PhD position? Are you interested in ecology of birds? Are you not afraid of field work in a tropical region? In such a case, do not hesitate and become a member of a team working on functional determinants of avian species richness in Africa. Closing date for applications is 31st March 2011.
- New journal cover: Journal of Evolutionary Biology
- Cover of Journal of Evolutionary Biology illustrates paper of our PhD student Antonin Macháč, his supervisor David Storch and their colleagues from České Budějovice.
- Large Cladocera collection online
- Prof. Vladimír Kořínek published online large database of cladoceran samples available in his collection. It is a great source of material for taxonomists & ecologists.